Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stunning Cover Sunday!



Here's what I do when I go to the bookstore without money *sigh*. I browse the brimming shelves in search of eye candy. Yes. I. LOVE. COVERS. If I could sit in Barnes & Noble all day and just drool over all the pretty covers. But I don't, because it's hard enough for me to remain within the parameters of a normal human being.

 photo MickeyCrazy_zpsef156b85.gif

So. This is where Sunday comes in. Because I may get kicked out of Barnes & Noble for all the book-cover drooling, I'm utilizing Sunday to squee about all the covers I can virtually drool over. That's a little more acceptable to society.

So drool over them with me, won't you?









I think this is one of the coolest concepts I have ever read. I got my hands on Miss Peregrine's Home For PeculiarChildren a few years ago thanks to blog boss Karen, and I devoured it in a day. Hollow City is the second book in the Peculiar Series , and it's cover is even creepier. Which, in Cuyler terms, is the best kind of cover. Dude, the girl has a hole in her stomach. A hole. How creepily awesome is that?

Read more about Hollow City HERE.





I've been following Stephanie on Twitter for a while now (I'm not a stalker, I promise) because her situation as a writer is similar to mine. Both of us are in our early twenties, and both of us love to write. I love seeing young people's success stories, because it instills a heap of hope into my system as a currently unpublished author. 

I also follow Stephanie because her book sounds frickin sweet. Check out the details HERE. Not only does the premise hold my interest, but LOOK AT THAT COVER. I think I have a thing for covers with an eye on them. Wierd? Oh well. It looks pretty, it looks spacey, it looks AWESOME. I can't wait for this one's release. Check the shelves for Extraction on July 22nd 2014!



I first picked up one of Marissa's books at a bookfestival in Austin, Tx earlier this year. I'd seen her books on the shelves before, but I never picked them up *kicks self for being stupid*. When I left that festival, I came home with a slew of brand new, shiny books ALL signed. And Cinder and Scarlet was among them.

I pretty much consumed Cinder and Scarlet in a few days. I am not much of a fairytale-kind-of guy, but Marissa's take on Cinderella and Red Riding Hood was out of this world. Literally. It's Sci-Fi. Cinderella the cyborg, and Red Riding Hood teams up with a fighter named 'Wolf' to rescue her kidnapped grandma who has a super-secret past. Um, HOW COOL IS THAT? Very. And Cress will be no different in awesomeness and completely different in uniqueness, as it's take is on the classic tale of Rapunzel, except Rapunzel is stuck in a satellite in space *dies from amazement*. But I'm currently broke, so I haven't yet picked up Cress. It just keeps staring at me with it's BEAUTIFUL cover when I walk by the shelves *cries*.

Learn more about Cress HERE.




I had been waiting for this book for a long time. Victoria, a writer friend of mine, is the author of The Collector series. Fire & Flood is her newest novel just released, and it's already a big hit. Want to know what all the hubbub is about and what the heck a Pandora is? Then check HERE.

Kendare Blake, author of Anna Dressed in Blood and Antigoddess said, “If The Hunger Games and X-Men and some Pokemon had a baby, it might turn out almost as awesome as this. But probably not. Read this book!”

Do you need any more motivation to pick up this book than that

I didn't, and it rocked the start of my new year.

I mean, just look at the cover! I think this design completely encompasses what Fire & Flood is all about. But don't take my word for it--go pick a copy of Victoria's Fire & Flood, like, now. Or suffer dire consequences. 

***

So...

What did you guys think? Did you feel the pretty? I felt the pretty.

Want more pretty? Check back next Sunday for more beautiful, creeptastic, and stunning covers on Stunning Cover Sunday!

Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment